Monday, January 10, 2011

Purge, continued

I think it is safe to say that everything is cleaned out and cleaned up and I am settled into my new (old) room nicely. I still need to load up and drop off and then I will officially be done with The Purge of 2011.

 My desk, before. It became a landing place for my tiny creatures, which doesn't sound creepy at all.
Speaking of creepy, is it weird that I turned all their faces to watch the flame? It would be weirder if I didn't turn them, right?
 Desk, after.

I also went through all my magazines. What I decided to do was keep 2010 Better Homes & Gardens and Martha Stewart Living because I started my subscriptions in October. (why did it take me so long to just subscribe to a magazine I was buying off the rack every month?!) And also the MS Food ones. Then I picked out a few favorite issues of BHG. I stopped buying Real Simple because it didn't feel very simple to me. I couldn't afford anything in magazine and I wasn't finding tons of "I could do that for way less" inspiration like I do in the other ones. So I went through all the RS and ripped out a few recipes, images, articles I wanted to keep. Also in the keep pile: various Holiday specials, a few Country Living issues, all my Collide issues (church media).
The taller stack is the recycle pile. The short one is the keep!

Do you have an overflowing magazine collection? Or do you have a system to keep it in check? I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. Your desk is adorable! I love your desktop picture on the computer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so Pottery Barn, I love it! ; ) I love your bird on your computer desktop--mind sharing where you got it from? I love, love, love birds in decor, especially if they've got a vintage-y flair to them.

    ReplyDelete