Friday, January 7, 2011

Hope & Sail

I feel like my entire life has been leading up to this moment. It actually has, I guess, all my moments have led to this one, and this one, and now this one; if you’ll follow my thinking. I think of Jo March before she left for New York, the Pevensies before they walked through the wardrobe, Scout Finch at the beginning of the summer she met Dill, Anne Shirley waiting to be picked up by the Cuthberts, Mary Lennox before she had the key to the garden. Like these dear friends of mine, I have found myself at the end of a page with no idea what will happen when it turns.

But what I know is this: hope & sail. The idea originally came to me in a dream, in the space between asleep and awake. In it was the loveliest boat, warm ocean breezes, and the sweetest voice: “hope & sail.” To make it on any voyage one must have a destination and a means.  Hope is a destination; the dreams and expectations I have for my life are places I am headed. A sail is the means; with the wind of the Holy Spirit propelling me towards my destination.

I also feel challenged to look at "hope & sail" as a verb, calling me to action. I need to hope - to trust that God will give me the desires of my heart - and actively go after it. This season of my life is one where I can freely hope and then sail towards those things I hope for. It really is an exciting time.

Hopefully next week I'll have some information to share about a voyage, so to speak, that epitomizes hope & sail for me.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Caryn. It definitely makes sense. I am blessed to be your friend in this journey through life! mmmuah!

    ReplyDelete