Monday, January 31, 2011

Gluten-Free Breakfast

My mom is on a gluten free diet and suspects more of us 'kids' should be on it too. That said, I've been trying to lessen my gluten intake (which I'm sure doesn't really help, but it's helping my brain get used to the idea before I have to rid it from my diet). I also have only been working on this for like 3 days, so very little progress has been made!

This morning I was hungry for breakfast and it was cloudy and cold outside.

-side note- I'm so glad it's cold right now, because highs in the upper 70s in January was getting a little ridiculous. :)

Today is my day off, so I figure why not make something warm and yummy -and gluten-free- for breakfast. I really wanted something that is not gluten-free nor dairy-free: biscuits and gravy. Mmm. But I ceded and chose to make gluten free oat bran applesauce muffins. (My mom doesn't actually do well with oats, but I still tried them)

That's when I realized we didn't have applesauce. And so I "made" some by putting an apple and some warm water, sugar, and cinnamon into a food processor. :)

Let me just fast forward to taking the muffins out of the oven and trying a piece.....

The good news is, I now know how to make dirt muffins!!! The dirt muffins have been excommunicated to the compost bin.

One of these days, I am going to experiment with something and it will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment