Friday, May 6, 2011

No. 20 - The Pearl & No. 22 - The Red Pony

One more entry for my Unread Library! These stories were printed in the same book and both are rather short, so I read them pretty quick last week.

I love Steinbeck. I always feel like I should see more depth in my everyday life when I'm reading him. That there is beauty to be found in even the most common actions. But what is interesting to me about Steinbeck is he presents it in a solemn, almost cynical, way; one where you feel reverence for the situation but realize that it actually happens every day. And that is great writing.

I'm working on No. 3 - Cannery Row right now; I figured I'd keep reading Steinbeck since there were 2 more books on my list.

Do you ever come back to an author and remember how much you love their writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment