Sunday, February 20, 2011

No. 18 - Othello

Well, talk about a 1-2 punch with my Unread Library! This weekend was stormy and rainy (such a fun change in the desert!) and I was able to read Othello in 2 days. It makes sense, though, since it's a play, it couldn't take me a week to read through...could you imagine a week long play?! :)

It was good, and Shakespeare-ian and everything you could want in a tragedy: love, murder, deception, and betrayal. It was also pretty easy to understand. I haven't read Shakespeare since high school so I was curious to see how I could handle it without a teacher guiding me through, but it was pretty straightforward and the footnotes helped too!

Also, No. 2 - Candide was on this list but I read it last year. So I don't know if I read it during this Unread Library time and forgot to post about it or if I just mistakenly put it on the list. It's crossed off now.

Next up, I think it will be No. 11 - Lady Susan. I'm looking forward to a little Jane Austen after Dickens and Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment