Thursday, December 11, 2008

Solitude

I love people. I really do. God has called me to love and serve people for the rest of my life. I spend hours every week working with people. (even more this next year!)


But, I'll be honest. People drain me. It seems almost ironic that God asks us to reach the World and give of our time and hearts to share the Good News of Jesus with people but then made me to be totally wiped out by people.


The top of my list of things that refill my spiritual tank, that give me the energy and strength to keep going, is solitude. Ah, just thinking about it makes me happy.


Give me a book, a cup of a hot beverage, and maybe a little sunshine :) and I am good. I don't need to talk outloud, I don't need music on, any other noises, just me, God, and my ever moving brain. So, today, during my solitude, I sat in front of the heater with a book, in my PJs for about 3 hours and then made biscuits that were gross. Oh well, at least I tried, right? And I just enjoyed the fact that this is how God made me, that I'm the most like "me" when it's just me and Him enjoying a nice day.


And now that I'm refueled, I'm going to enjoy some fellowship with my favorite 2 people: Janae and baby (whom I love, even though we won't get to meet him/her for a few more months!).
My sad biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment